According to the latest news from the National Hurricane Center, Hurricane Laura has become an extremely dangerous Category 4 hurricane, with maximum winds of 140+ MPH. Catastrophic storm surge, extreme winds, and flash flooding are expected along the Northwest Gulf Coast tonight.
Axis employees, customers, vendors, family and friends—please heed necessary recommendations by local and national authorities over the next 48 hours to protect yourselves and your property. Hurricane-force winds and widespread damaging wind gusts will spread inland across portions of Southeast Texas and Southwestern Louisiana early Thursday.
You can read more about Hurricane Laura at www.weather.gov, but here are some recommended safety tips we have gathered:
- If your local officials have told you to go—go!
- Have your photo ID and utility bill for residence & identification.
- Make sure you have supplies, enough for 7 days: water, blankets, first aid kit, flashlights, batteries, and radios, food and water.
- Make sure you have 30 days’ worth of medications.
- Secure your home: cover all your home’s windows with either storm shutters or board up with plywood.
- Prepare your pets: assemble food, water and medicines, and make sure you have your pet’s leash and collar with identification.
Find more hurricane safety actions at https://www.weather.gov/safety/hurricane-action.